Sunday, September 16, 2007

Like Bacon at a Mississippi Opera Singer Convention...

...my website is gone!

Apparently the file folders I deleted were...important?

I deleted the "public_html" folder because I couldn't figure out how to get rid of my front page. Apparently there's more to replacing it than clicking "create new folder" and giving it the same name.

I told myself I was going to read&watch a Tyrannasaurus Shitload of cPanel docs & tutorials before really getting into this web-building business. But how the fuck was I supposed to keep my hands off it that long? Websites are at least as good as mind-control rays, and more fun to operate.

But, just like mind-control death-rays, they are dangerous to use without first reading the instructions. And watching Quicktime video on how to aim them.

The worst part of it all is that I'll probably have to use mySQL.

No comments: